cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use form fields in JSM?

Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

I'm looking into the Forms functionality in JSM cloud and wonder how I can use the form fields in different places in Jira. 

I know at least #1 and #2 are possible if I link the form field to a Jira field, but I don't want to link all of my fields as I have so many fields in my forms. This is actually one one of the reasons for using the Forms functionality instead of just using Jira custom fields. 

1. Is it possible to search for a Form field with JQL? 
  2. Is it possible to use a Form field in Automation rules?
  3. Is it possible to make options in for example a form field select list dependent on what you select in another field? 

Björn

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2022

Currently this is not possible unless you link your fields to a Jira field. There is an API coming, currently scheduled for Q1-Q2 2023 which would allow you to access form content.

Regarding 3, you could do this with multiple sections and repeating the field but set the select options based on the other field. Maybe not an ideal solution if you have lot of options, but it is possible.

0 votes
Arielle Unterberger June 6, 2022

Not an answer, but I'm also interested in this question, particularly #2. 

I have a simple yes or no radio button field in my form, and if the answer is yes, I want the automation rule to create a new task.

Since this case does not happen often, creating a custom field for this does not seem to be worth it.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events