Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop Jira automation emails after deleting the project they were attached to?

John Shannon April 14, 2023

I manually deleted all the tasks within the project that were using jira automation to create tasks and auto email notification of the task. jira is still sending me emails about new tasks being autocreated but when I go into jira I have nothing there I can delete. I can see the notifications attached to my account (which I cannot delete) but when I click on the link it just tells me there is nothing found... yet I am still getting the emails and notifications. Since it was using the free version there is no option to contact support about it. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

hello @John Shannon 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

If Automation Rules are creating the issues, you need to deactivate those rules.

John Shannon April 17, 2023

Yes, I get that... I have deleted the project and can no longer access anything that may have still been connected to it. I cannot get to the automation rules that were connected to the project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

If you are a Site Administrator have you checked under Settings > System > Global Automation?

Is the project fully deleted or is it just in the Project Trash bin? Or the Archive bin? If it is in the Trash or Archive bins then you can restore it, and then you should be able to access the project specific Automations to remove them.

John Shannon April 18, 2023

Thank you for that... I found what I needed in global automation in the settings area. The only thing I got from Atlassian was to purchase a plan so they could then help me. Which was NOT conducive to my wanting to further use their products.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events