Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set up an approval workflow where a customer can approve a ticket in the portal?

Matt Cliffer July 22, 2022

I have an approval workflow setup, but when I test it using a personal email, I am unable to approve a ticket. I also did not receive any notification that the ticket is awaiting my approval. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2022

Hi @Matt Cliffer

I believe you will need to use a user picker field in order to make it work. Details: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-workflow/

Regards 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2022

In addition to the article @Fabian Lim is referring to, also check how to configure approval by email documentation.

Like Fabian Lim likes this
Matt Cliffer July 25, 2022

@Fabian Lim @Walter Buggenhout 
Hi guys, thanks for the help. I do have a user picker field enabled for the project that I have been using to test. When I assign myself or someone else internally, we receive a notification and are able to approve a ticket. However, when I choose a customer in that field, I have been using a personal email for myself that I have added to our Jira customers list, it does not notify me or allow me to approve it. 

We want our customers to have the ability to approve a ticket in this project. 

I noticed this: image.png

I'm wondering if this is part of the issue. I disabled requests from the portal since we don't want customers to create requests in this project, only approve requests that we have created for them to approve/decline. 

Hopefully this adds more context for you guys to offer help. Thank you! 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

Hi @Matt Cliffer,

Yes, this is related. If an issue does not have a request type, it isn't visible in the portal at all. And then, obviously, it can't be approved their either. 

Like Matt Cliffer likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events