How can I restrict ticket opening via e-mail?

Ruzan Ghulyan August 8, 2022

Hi, I'm Ruzan and I need your help.

Our customers can send us e-mail, which automatically becomes a ticket.

We want to switch off this function and direct the customers to use Atlassian platform.

Probably I should "Disable all email requests".

I would like to know if it will reflect to emails which customers receive as an answer to their tickets? 

Thanks in advance.

Ruzan

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

@Ruzan Ghulyan

If you disable email requests, this will prevent users from raising tickets via email. It will also prevent users from adding comments to Jira requests by responding to the emails they get out of the system.

Thanks,

Kian

Ruzan Ghulyan August 9, 2022

Thank you for your response, Kian @Kian Stack Mumo Systems .

This need arose because most of our clients work by email and when a new participant is added to the ticket and comment is added, he/she doesn't see the previous comments and content of the ticket.

May be there exist another solution, which I don't know: for example, content of whole ticket can be sent to the email?

Thanks and regards

Ruzan

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hmm @Ruzan Ghulyan

I don't have a solution for you off the top of my head. I can certainly let you know if I do think of something.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events