Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reset a sub-task to default?

Clam Shitanaka December 17, 2021

I was playing with some settings earlier (I'm a very elementary Jira user). I'm not sure how I managed to do this, but on sub-task creation a duplicate screen of the regular issue creation screen is displayed.

I would like to have it set back to where a sub-task shows up as a blank text box and is customizable. Please let me know. 

Sub Task Q.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

@Clam Shitanaka 

Welcome!

This happens because the fields "Request Type", "Due Date" and Release date" are mandatory when creating the sub-task.

You can change this by going to the project settings, under "Fields", select the field configuration for Sub-task and remove the obligation for these fields.

If these fields are not mandatory in the field configuration, check if in the "Create" transition of the sub-task flow there is not a "Validator" assigning them mandatory.

Clam Shitanaka December 17, 2021

I see, thank you for the help. Is there a way to change that screen to be something else than a duplicate issue creation screen? 

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@Clam Shitanaka 

Sorry for the delay in responding.

As I understand you want to change this sub-task creation screen, correct?

Do you really want to change the entire screen or just remove or add new fields to it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events