Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove "Customers" from a Jira service desk project?

Daniele Meoni December 4, 2019

Hi,

I´ve created a couple of service desks yesterday and set up some users as "agent", which is what I wanted to do.

However, I must have also set them up as "customers" therefore they seem to have a different view of the service desk portal! Which is causing a bit of issues and missunderstandings

How can I remove them from being customers and leave them only as agents?

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hello @Daniele Meoni

Did you check "Users and roles" inside each service desk project?

Did you check "Permissions" inside each service desk project?

What is the configuration that you have for one of this users with troubles?

Best regards.

Hi,

There shouldn´t be anomalies in users and roles: I am Admin, and the external guys are set up as agents.

However, as I also set them up as customers, their landing page is the help centre, from where they can only raise requests, but don´t have the standard agent view.snap.PNG

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

What is the configuration that you have in permissions?

If you give them the URL of service desk queue, what do they see?

Best regards.

It says that the page is not available.

I think I can actually deal with the customer view, as I´ve changed permissions (thanks for that ;) ) and now works fine.

I only have one issue left.... At the moment, customers can only see the issues they´ve raised themselves, but not the issues raised by someone else.

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

About the sentence:

I only have one issue left.... At the moment, customers can only see the issues they´ve raised themselves, but not the issues raised by someone else.

If you are using the customer view in the portal, to see issues raised by others you should add the customer as Request Participant.If you are using the Agent view you can use Watchers.

Also, If my suggestion about Permissions solved your problem, could you set it as resolved, please?

Best regards.

Like Daniele Meoni likes this

Brilliant! 

Thanks a lot! now it all works :D

One last thing Juan!

If you are using the customer view in the portal, to see issues raised by others you should add the customer as Request Participant

--> is there a way to make this action automatic?   i.e. everytime xx raises an issue, yy needs to be participant

Thanks a lot!

Daniele

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

Hello @Daniele Meoni

sure.

You have several ways to configure it.

1) Service desk Embedded automation => Create a custom rule.

2) 3rd Party plugin. You can use Automation for JIRA or ScriptRunner (both of them of payment). Or Automation for JIRA LITE (let you few option without paying) that let you to add request participants.

I have configured in some places with 1 and in other with 2 (Automation for JIRA Lite).

Automation Embedded or Automation for JIRA lite needs that the request participant will be always the same because you can set the requester participant manually.

If you need that the requester participant will be different "depend on" custom field you can use ScriptRunner or Automation for JIRA (full version).

I hope that will be useful this information.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events