Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I raise tickets to customers with integrated e-mail to Jira Service Desk

Edited

Hello dear community,

Scenario

My Support team is not only handling inbound tickets but also creates/raises outbound tickets equally frequently to our customers to check technical issues in our common telecom networks.

We are about to use Jira Service Desk, and will integrate our support's e-mail - let's name it support@company.com

I expect that it is easier to initiate a conversation/ticket via the e-mail and somehow capture this e-mail conversation in JSD instead of initiating it directly from JSD.

Can you please suggest how this is feasible?

Thank you,

Thanasis

1 answer

Hi @Athanasios Tsakoumis ,

You can configure that under your project settings>email requests

Check the documentation for Cloud, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Hi @Sam Bartolome ,

Thank you for your kind response.
Yet, this is not what I am looking for. I know how to set-up an e-mail.

My point is that I need to streamline the process of my Support team initiating requests to customers and how this will be properly captured and processed via JSD.

Are you aware of any article on this one?

Thank you,

Thanasis

The process for your support team could follow ITSM and ITIL standards, where I would suggest then you take a look

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

330 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you