Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I raise tickets to customers with integrated e-mail to Jira Service Desk

Athanasios Tsakoumis May 3, 2022

Hello dear community,

Scenario

My Support team is not only handling inbound tickets but also creates/raises outbound tickets equally frequently to our customers to check technical issues in our common telecom networks.

We are about to use Jira Service Desk, and will integrate our support's e-mail - let's name it support@company.com

I expect that it is easier to initiate a conversation/ticket via the e-mail and somehow capture this e-mail conversation in JSD instead of initiating it directly from JSD.

Can you please suggest how this is feasible?

Thank you,

Thanasis

1 answer

2 votes
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Athanasios Tsakoumis ,

You can configure that under your project settings>email requests

Check the documentation for Cloud, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Athanasios Tsakoumis May 4, 2022

Hi @Sam Bartolome ,

Thank you for your kind response.
Yet, this is not what I am looking for. I know how to set-up an e-mail.

My point is that I need to streamline the process of my Support team initiating requests to customers and how this will be properly captured and processed via JSD.

Are you aware of any article on this one?

Thank you,

Thanasis

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2022

The process for your support team could follow ITSM and ITIL standards, where I would suggest then you take a look

Maor Levinas August 11, 2023

Hi @Athanasios Tsakoumis ,

Were you able tomake it work?

Kind regards,
Maor

Athanasios Tsakoumis August 13, 2023

@Maor LevinasPartly yes but I am very dissapointed from JSM. It is not stable and needs a lot of manual effort to keep it running properly.

Maor Levinas August 14, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events