Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I print a jira ticket using json or smart values?

Marcelo Ignacio Cid Abud July 5, 2024

I want to obtain a print of the issues and each of their fields before this ticket is deleted. It happens that there are users who delete a ticket and for obvious reasons we cannot later review what content that ticket had. Is there an option to obtain that information before it is deleted (through automation)? ps: changing project permissions is not an option I remain attentive, thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Hello @Marcelo Ignacio Cid Abud 

I have two recommendations for you.

1. Allowing users to delete issues is a very bad idea. As you have learned, once the issues are deleted they are permanently gone and cannot be viewed or recovered. Only your most trusted Jira Users (i.e. Jira Administrators) should be allowed to delete issues.

2. If you really want to be able to access deleted issues after they have been deleted, consider acquiring a third party app that will put the deleted issues into a "trash" space rather than permanently deleting them.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=delete%20issue

If you cannot implement either of those recommendations then there is an Issue Deleted trigger available in Jira Automation. With that trigger you can catch that an issue is being deleted and use something like the Send Email action to send the issue details to somebody.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events