Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent users from deleting issue links?

Letícia Deus May 15, 2024

(Jira Cloud)

Hi guys,

I need to prevent the user from removing the link from an issue but I haven't found anything natively that restricts the action.

Is there any way to do this through the scrip runner or even, an action mode to link again automatically after removal?linkedissue.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Hi,

Not even Scriptrunner can do this - there is no way to hook into the delete link process, either on the back-end or by amending the UI (with behaviours)

You could get close on a Server/DC install with Scriptrunner - "UI fragments" could be used to remove the delete option from the menu (but you could still do it via REST or other ways of editing the issue)

0 votes
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

@Letícia Deus ,

If you go into your permission schemes, i was expecting this feature to be there for configuration, but unfortunately it wasn't there. We can restrict deletion of issues though via configuration. But to achieve what you are looking for might have to be done via script runner. If i come across any other solution, i will update it.

Vijay

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events