Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent comments on a closed issue?

RJ Seymour September 17, 2019

I've added 

jira.permission.comment.denied=true

to the closed status on the workflow according to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/how-can-i-disable-comment-from-closed-issues-for-Jira-7-10/qaq-p/1017551 but customers are still able to comment on the issues. Does anyone have a working solution for this on Jira 8.x and JSD 4.3.x? Thanks! 

5 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Hi,

I just tested this out on my Jira.  And it worked perfectly.  On status "Closed" add property:

image.png

The property looks like this:

image.png

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

I tested trying to add a comment both from Jira and from the portal.  In both cases the comment option was not available

Like Ashraf B likes this
RJ Seymour September 19, 2019

Works now on mine too.

1 vote
Answer accepted

The property: 

jira.issue.editable=false 

worked.

René July 7, 2023

That flag disables issue editing but still allows commenting.

2 votes
Anna Wouters October 28, 2021

Would anybody know a way to still allow internal comments, but block public comments on an issue once it's closed? 

jira.permission.comment.user and a Property Value of false worked for me, but internal comments would be nice to still add.

(If anybody knows another discussion about this, please let me know!)

Thanks in advance :) 

Mateusz Kiliński January 2, 2023

Hey, did you resolve your issue? How to allow making only internal comments in closed issues?

Like Daniel Sammut likes this
1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

Hi,

I followed the link and maybe that property doesn't work.

See this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-deactivate-comments-for-closed-issues-648217599.html?_ga=2.140725362.1789039137.1568638276-593356607.1541103302

JIRA 6.1.x

Add the property jira.permission.comment.user and make the property value false

Hope that helps

Susan

Edit: This works.

0 votes
Greg Wenden October 26, 2021

Remember to Publish your workflow after you've changed the properties. The change doesn't come into effect until then and it caught me out when I tested it.

For the Cloud version I used a Property Key of jira.permission.comment.user and a Property Value of false and was successful (once I'd published the change)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events