Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I limit the approve people is not same as the create people.

Hi,

I create an approve step in my workflow. But now when people create the ticket, he can choose himself as the approve people, this is not allowed in my company.

How can I config the workflow? I want limit the approve people, if you create a ticket, you can't be the approve of this ticket.

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@谭玺 Tony Tan _ENG - SRE - CN_ -

Welcome to the community.  It is my understanding that you will need a 3rd party add-on to modify the WF at issue creation time where user keys the person for the approver field by adding an validator check against the value selected for the approver field is not the reporter.  Only then the issue will be created.

Here are the two add-ons that you can try it out (both are excellent add-on to have for any Jira/JSM implementation in my professional experiences)

ScriptRunner for Jira - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Those two add-ons provides many buildings components which can makes your customization tasks easier and with little or no coding required.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin  Thank you so much! I will check the two add-ons.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

@谭玺 Tony Tan _ENG - SRE - CN_ -

Glad to assist.  If my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Jorge Vieira December 21, 2023

Hey @Joseph Chung Yin 
I have the opposite issue, I want the reporte to be able to approve but it is automatically banned from the approvers

can you help me with this?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2023

@Jorge Vieira -

Hi Jorge:

Welcome to the community.  What you are asking seems to be not practical in my opinion - If the reporter can approve his/her issue, then why you need the approval process in the first place?

Best, Joseph

Jorge Vieira December 22, 2023

Its only for the second approval not the 1st

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders