Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have advice to automate the processes of my jira management and my boards?

Jessica Suarez April 18, 2024

I need to automate the assignment of tickets that arrive to my support board in jira (I am customer support)
Also set alarms for when a ticket was answered, when the management time expired.

Currently, they send me tickets via email, a ticket is generated on my dashboard, I manually give a first response to the interested party, then depending on the task, I escalate it to the corresponding area, when they relate the response in jira I share it with the return applicant.

I need to know if there is a way to automate the process much more, to know if I need a support person or, on the contrary, optimize the tool and the options that JIRA offers me.

If there is the possibility of having a space with a person from your team, I would greatly appreciate it.

I remain very attentive, happy day.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi Jessica,

You can set SLAs for the timing of your assignments, and also have an automation rule for setting the assignee of the ticket. 

So, let's take one thing at a time. What is most important first that you would like to solve? 

0 votes
Vijay Dadi April 19, 2024

Dear @Jessica Suarez ,

You can have an automation to dynamically update Assignment Group/Assignee on your issues depending on your criteria. One such example I am attaching below. Hope this helps!

assignment rules.pngRegards,

Vijay

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events