Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generically mention the reporter or assignee in a comment

franmartcl December 9, 2022

Hello,

The scenario is this. I have some templates created with TextBlaze, and I would like to add the reporter or assignee of the issue to them so that they say something like:

Hello @john.doe,

Thank you for contacting us and bla bla bla...

Obviously, in the template I don't know the name of the customer so I have to get it somehow.

I've tried with "@reporter", "[~{{reporter}}]", "[~username]", "@username", and others with no effect. Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @franmartcl welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have a look at the following Documentation article for more info: Managing service project notifications

Thank you, I have tested with ${issue.reporter.name} but it doesn't seem to work for comments.

Note that I only have access as an agent to the system.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of where you're trying to add the variable for the reporter? Is it just in a public comment?

I'm testing on an internal comment, but I do intend to use it on a public one
comment.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

Which third-party app are you using for the "canned responses"? Do you have a link to the Marketplace for "TextBlaze"? I don't find any reference.

Text Blaze is a simple GoogleChrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/text-blaze/idgadaccgipmpannjkmfddolnnhmeklj?hl=en

As for Canned Response, I don't know the vendor, but I see now that I can create my own personal templates! This solves my problem (and actually gives some new options!). Thank you for pointing this out!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events