Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable read access to jira service management knowledge base?

Simon Sattes April 24, 2024

Hi there,

I'm on a free confluence plan which I want to use in jira service management (Standard). I linked the space already to the jira service management instance, but the default setting is that only confluence users have read access. And I cannot change this setting to "all logged in users". As seen in the screenshot it tells me to go to the project settings of confluence to change this - but as I'm on the free plan of confluence I cannot change it there obviously.

I also unlinked the space and linked it again, but I still have the same issue. How can I solve this?

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-24 um 16.56.46.png

2 answers

0 votes
Chris C_ April 24, 2024

We're on the JSM Premium plan, with no separate Confluence licenses. I have Who can view "All logged in users" and Who can edit "Service Project Users".

Then on the portal all our users ("customers") can view the help documents in our KB. 

Yeah, that's how I also want it to be - but for some reason it's disabled.

Chris C_ April 25, 2024

If you click on the top-right cog > Products > Knowledge base permissions
What do you have selected there?

I have 
All logged-in users = Enabled
Anyone = Disabled

Our site is setup to only allow access to accounts with our email domain, not sure if that matters for this purpose or not.

Simon Sattes April 26, 2024

Ours, too - only specific domains are allowed. The Knowledge base permissions are also off (and disabled) here (I'm logged as Administrator):

image.png

It says the Confluence admin needs to enable it, but it's also disabled there.

so after a couple of tests I was able to solve it now - for me it looks like a bug. I upgraded to standard plan on confluence (test trial), then I could change all those settings to make the knowledge base visible. I downgraded to free again, which forbids changing the settings, but as it kept the previous settings making it visible for customers, it's working now.

Chris C_ April 26, 2024

@Simon Sattes hey awesome happy to hear you got it sorted out

0 votes
Victor Law
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Simon Sattes

Unfortunately, Confluence Cloud's anonymous access is only available for the Standard, Premium and Enterprise plans.

https://atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricingScreenshot 2024-04-24 at 11.04.47 PM.png

Thank you.

Hi @Victor Law,

thanks for your answer - but that contradicts having a free knowledge base readable by all logged in customers as it's mentioned everywhere on the jira service management pages. 

wrong thread answered, sry

wrong thread answered, sry

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS