Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable branch creation in a Service Desk project

Deleted user March 31, 2023

I don't see the development panel, or any way to activate that functionality for a service desk project.

Is this functionality possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hello @[deleted] !

I'm afraid not. What you are looking for is Jira Software which is a different Atlassian product.

Deleted user March 31, 2023

Yes; have that as well.  But wanted the service desk for the portal and the ability for clients to create/approve tickets.   The regular JIRA software projects don't have a portal interface for clients. :(

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Well, you can still connect the two projects.

You can use the JSM portals for the functionality that you just described. Then, use automations to create issues in the software project based on the just approved JSM issues. 

You can link those issues together and keep the customer up-to-date on the development process by another automation that triggers on linked issues status changes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events