Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit the list of options for the field Components (not custom field)?

luiz September 12, 2022

We have a ticket system using Service Management, and one of the options for users is to request new accounts. In that screen there's the field "Components" that says "Select a system" with a dropdown list of apps/services/systems.

The Components field doesn't seem to be a custom one (I couldn't find it in the custom fields list), and it's in the Field Configuration page. But there I can only change description.

So, how was that field edited before (the person left the company before I started) if it's not a custom field? How he was able to add options to the list?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@luiz -

Welcome to the Community.  "Components" field is a system default field and not a custom field.  It is control via each individual project - Project settings >> Components UI.  In the UI will give you the ability to create/edit existing component(s) setup.

NOTE - Components setup is not sharable between project(s).  It is project dependent.  So if you want one component for all the projects, then you will have manually set it up via each project's "Project settings" >> "Components" UI.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

luiz September 13, 2022

Hi Joseph,

It seems you're right. Components is not just the name of the field, it actually represents the project components.  I understand now how it was setup.

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events