cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display issuesInEpic as a column in a Ris

John_Keilaus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2024

Hi All

In building a dashboard, I have an underlying filter called AllTickets. This filter returns all tickets contained in a JIRA project named TVM.

The project is a service desk project and has only 3 issueTypes -> EPIC->STORY->Sub-Tasks in a basic hierarchical structure.

Over the basic underlying filter, I have a RIchFilter and am using this to drive a RichFilter results dashboard gadget

In the rich filter, I am returning a range of obvious columns such as key, summary, assignee etc, but am also returning EPIC LINK, Linked Issues and SubTasks fields.

The EPIC LINK column returns the epic name on rows that are stories, the sub-tasks column lists the sub-tasks on rows that are stories, and the linkedIssues column returns all linked issues on all rows.

In effect, each issue listed displays linked issues, epic, and sub-tasks as columns. (I assume the reader is already aware of scoping/relativity of these columns - ie - subtask rows do not show epic link, and epic rows do not show sub tasks due to hierarchical relativity)

The one thing I simply cannot find a way to do, is to create a column or include a column that lists issueInEpic on EPIC rows.

I have tried a number of different approaches and tried to use issuesInEpic, but I keep running into the issue of having to provide a hard-coded epicKey when trying to return a list of issuesInEpic.

Does anyone know if or how I can create a column in a rich filter that displays an array / list of issues per epic, that looks and behaves like the sub-Tasks field does for stories?

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events