Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I customize the tickets that come from email?

Wendy Morency November 22, 2021

We have tickets submitted through a portal that I can customize but we just started having emails turned  into tickets. There are no fields filled in. Is there a way to have a required form filled out in the email that will translate to a ticket? I don't see how to customize tickets that are made from emails.

Thank you!

Daboopster

1 answer

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2021

Hi @Wendy Morency,

No, indeed. Emails are parsed into tickets through 1 single form that only has Summary, Description and Attachments. The title of your email will be mapped to the issue summary, the email body ends up in the description field and any attached files will be added as attachments.

Email is usually a free-form input tool by design and as such not very suitable to capture structured input. That means that you'll have to add certain steps in your ticket workflow where e.g. your agents add some additional fields when they process incoming tickets.

Or you could look into a marketplace app like email this issue, that does allow you to parse incoming emails into structured fields. That is based on regex expressions, which still implies that the email senders must apply certain structure and or keywords when they compose email messages to your service desk mailbox.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events