How can I configure the post incident creation screen in the portal?

Pati Uday Kiran May 24, 2023

I want to create an incident, let's say I have fields A, B, C, D & E.

I want my incident portal or request form to show A, B, C & D fields only while filling the form in portal but E field should be visible in portal only after creation of incident.

How can we make it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Pati Uday Kiran ,

For the portal, I don't think this is possible out-of-the-box.

What is the exact use-case ? Why would you want field E only displayed after ticket creation?

Best regards,

Kris

Pati Uday Kiran May 25, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter

I want to see A, B, C, & D fields during the incident creation where customer can give his/her inputs.

After creation of incident it's showing the summary of incident like 

A, B, C & D fields with customer inputs.

But here, I also want to see field E and it's input after creation of incident(which is dependant on the inputs given by C & D)

I don't want any user to give manual input to E during incident creation as it automatically gets assigned via my automation rule. 

This is my requirement. Will it be possible?

Regards,

Uday

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Pati Uday Kiran ,

If you want to make the value of field E visible for the customer in the portal, i think you have 2 options :

1. Make the field visible like A, B, C and D. But then the customer will be able to enter a value upon ticket creation. You can ask them via the field description not to enter a value, but you can not prevent them from entering something. But since the value will be overwritten by the automation rule, this is maybe not a problem.

2. Instead of making field E visible in the portal, you can add an action to your automation rule that will also post the new value of field E in a public comment on the ticket. Like that, the customer can see it's value without having it in the portal.

Best regards,

Kris

Pati Uday Kiran May 27, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter ,

Thanks for the options. I think the second option works for me but I want to know how we can achieve that.

Regards,

Uday.

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

Hi @Pati Uday Kiran ,

I would create a new automation rule so set a comment on the issue.

* Trigger : Whenever the value of field E is changed

* Action: Use the "Comment on issue" action. In the configuration you can write the text of the comment. To retrieve the value of field E, you will need to use a smart value. Is field E a default or a custom field ? The smart value probably will look like {{issue.Field E}}. You can find more information on smart values here : https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

In the new automation rule, don't forget to check the "Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule." option, so that this automation rule is activated when you first automation rule changes the value of field E.

Best regards,

Kris

Like Pati Uday Kiran likes this
Pati Uday Kiran May 30, 2023

Thank you @Kris Dewachter ! This works for me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events