Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the issue type associated to a form that I created?

Liza Gonzalez November 7, 2022

Hello, I created a new intake form within JIRA Service management. This will be used to receive new ideas for our scrum teams to work on.

When our business owners submit a new idea via this JIRA form, it will drop a JIRA ticket into our JIRA service management project board. I'm trying to switch the issue type from "system change" to one that I created called "new idea". Is there a way for me to do this? Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. 

Submit an idea issue type.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

@Liza Gonzalez -

As far as I know, once a request type is created and associated with an issue type, you can only switch the request type to a different issue type by recreating the request type again.  Afterward, you need to delete the previous request type.

However, if you can try to "Replace Workflow" option associated with your Request Type, where you can select a different WF.  It will automatically display a list of issue types associated to the WF where you can then update.

2022-11-07_14-03-22.png

In my opinion, it is better just to reestablish the request type setup and select the right issue type as I mentioned first.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ravishankar K S November 7, 2022

@Liza Gonzalez 

As long as the new request type is same as the old one you should be able to. For example Service Request Type can be changed to another Service Request however Service Request cannot be changed to Service Request with Approvals.

Liza Gonzalez November 8, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin thank you! I followed your first suggestion. I changed the request type and deleted the old one.

@Ravishankar K S thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events