Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change a Request Type mapping to an Issue type globally (that is not editing individually)

NehaSThakur January 25, 2019

I have Request Types created under wrong Issue type and I want to change it 1 go so , I dont have to to recreate them individually again.

We have 20 service desk projects created and around 15 request type created under Issue Type as "Problem" which should be "Incident"  Issue type.

Where can I edit this.

Thanks

4 answers

25 votes
Henning _Jira Ninja_ September 2, 2019

For future visitors like me.

Save the trouble of looking further, and vote for it here:

Server:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-349

Cloud:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-349

Klára Laura Zikešová July 22, 2022

that is a terrible workaround, just voted and asked all team to vote as well, thank for links

Like # people like this
Remo Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2023
4 votes
Mike Connolly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2023

From the request types screen, select the ... for the request type you wish to change.

Click on "Replace worklfow".

On the Replace Workflow screen, you can change the issue type.

1 vote
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Hi @NehaSThakur,

once you have configured the request types showing in your customer portal, you can't change the issue type mapped. Unfortunatelly, you have to create another to replace this.

thanks  @Francesc_Arbó , yeah that's what I have concluded too. But, wanted to confirm with community users  to be sure there is no way around !

Like Durell Demartini likes this
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Sorry, I've been in the same situation some times and it's quite frustrating to repeat the same task. It could be great if you open an issue to Atlassian with this feature.

If you do it, I'll vote for it.

Like # people like this
Will Balson July 25, 2019

same.

Kevin Mowrey April 30, 2020

same

Deleted user June 24, 2020

same

Like # people like this
Adam Dulberg November 13, 2020

Hello Community - the request was tagged with "Cloud", why is a server ticket being referenced?

In the old (JSD Cloud) view, you could simply change the issue type in the request type screen (thus saving yourself from having to recreate something that could take hours). I'm no longer seeing that this is the case. The popular response is due to the recent changes, this is no longer the case and not only can you not "copy", but you have to remake the portal. 

Really hope I'm wrong and missing something. Could someone please confirm?

Like Karen Dyer likes this
Vincent Juares
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2021

I'm running into this same problem. I've created a bunch of Jira Service Management Request type, and now I'm needing to associate to a new Issue type. I assume this happens all too often as we get feedback from our users and we want to continually improve our process and workflows.

Must must have imo!

Adam Dulberg February 28, 2021

Vincent the cloud ticket posted above is Gathering Interest (at the time of posting). It might be a while until this is a capability again. I'll defer to a community champ to correct me, yet if I'm right, it would seem that if you need to recreate the request type under the necessary issue type. 

Alessandro Lombardo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2022

I have the same problem, I will vote the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-349

1 vote
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2019

Hi @NehaSThakur,

yo ucan bulk change the customer request type. You can follow this link in order to do it: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-bulk-change-customer-request-type-field-value/qaq-p/780319

Hi  @Francesc_Arbó

Thanks alot for your response but this not what I am asking. See the screenshot below we looking to update the different Request Type we created in our system to map to another Issue type but its not Editable.

http://prntscr.com/mby09p

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events