Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build dashboards for managers which displays all of their team members tickets?

Evan Smith December 5, 2022

I would like to build a dashboard which would allow any manager to view the status of tickets submitted by themselves and their team members.

When building the filters, I initially used the currentuser jql syntax but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to further select for team or group from there. I see how to build teams in jira, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of using advanced search to look for teams or groups.

assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()
status changed BY currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser() 
OR watcher in (currentUser()) OR assignee = currentUser() 
OR assignee was currentUser() OR commentedByUser = currentUser() 
ORDER BY updated DESC

An alternative would be to build individual dashboards for each Manager and add each of their subordinates to the search. I'm hoping there's a better way because there's a lot more room for error in this method. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Evan Smith - Without a marketplace app like Rich Filters, you're going to run into challenges.  Natively, you'd need to create individual dashboards for each team.

Thanks @Mark Segall 

I might have to give Rich Filters a try. Do you have any others to recommend or would that do the job?

Also, can you tell me what's blocking me from searching by Team here? I have it sorted for all tickets and all issue types.

Capture.PNG

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Do you have any others to recommend or would that do the job?

I've also used Quick Filters in my past.  I believe both provide a decent trial period if you want to give both a try. 

can you tell me what's blocking me from searching by Team here?

Team is specific to Advanced Roadmaps and I believe it only works with shared teams.  When I attempt from my test environment, the only option that shows up is my shared team.

Thanks! I will give Quick Filters and Rich Filters a try.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Evan Smith,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

If you haven't done yet, you can check out some basic features of Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards without installation on our demo dashboards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events