Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I build dashboards for managers which displays all of their team members tickets?

I would like to build a dashboard which would allow any manager to view the status of tickets submitted by themselves and their team members.

When building the filters, I initially used the currentuser jql syntax but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to further select for team or group from there. I see how to build teams in jira, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of using advanced search to look for teams or groups.

assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()
status changed BY currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser() 
OR watcher in (currentUser()) OR assignee = currentUser() 
OR assignee was currentUser() OR commentedByUser = currentUser() 
ORDER BY updated DESC

An alternative would be to build individual dashboards for each Manager and add each of their subordinates to the search. I'm hoping there's a better way because there's a lot more room for error in this method. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall Community Leader Dec 05, 2022

Hi @Evan Smith - Without a marketplace app like Rich Filters, you're going to run into challenges.  Natively, you'd need to create individual dashboards for each team.

Thanks @Mark Segall 

I might have to give Rich Filters a try. Do you have any others to recommend or would that do the job?

Also, can you tell me what's blocking me from searching by Team here? I have it sorted for all tickets and all issue types.

Capture.PNG

Mark Segall Community Leader Dec 05, 2022

Do you have any others to recommend or would that do the job?

I've also used Quick Filters in my past.  I believe both provide a decent trial period if you want to give both a try. 

can you tell me what's blocking me from searching by Team here?

Team is specific to Advanced Roadmaps and I believe it only works with shared teams.  When I attempt from my test environment, the only option that shows up is my shared team.

Thanks! I will give Quick Filters and Rich Filters a try.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events