cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automate emails to users within an object

Dan Schlain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2024

We have objects that contain users (some have multiple users) within our assets schema trees. We need an automation to send out an email to each user within these objects when a field value change is triggered. The basic logic of the automation is fine and should work but we are getting an error stating that the "To:" field of the "send email" action is blank.

The "To:" field currently contains: {{groupMembers.email}}

How can we make this work? Is there a smart value that will target user email addresses that are contained in an object?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

@Dan Schlain , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What you need to do is.

- Add a advanced branch in your automation rule and for smartvalue add your current smartvalue. I'm assuming your smartvalue is your object field with the attribute email.

- You will need to give a name for your advanced branch, you can call users or whatever.

- In your automation rule to send email in to space, add your variable {{users}}

Basically the use of smartvalue within an advanced branch is a 'for each'.

So for each email found in your object attribute, you will be sending your communication.

Your rule should be like this:

Captura de tela 2024-04-19 005601.png

Hope this helps you

Dan Schlain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

Thanks Fernando, that worked! We had the same logic but it was the ".Email" we had wrong and were referencing the wrong variable in the action.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events