Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assign tickets to actively working agents?

Joseph Daniels October 28, 2022

I am trying to find out a way to display if an agent is actively working at their desk in JIRA.

In a previous helpdesk application they have "agent status queues" and you would queue yourself in and get tickets assigned to you when generated, but had the ability to stop tickets getting assigned to you if you were not queued in. This was toggled via a system wide button. This means you would not get tickets assigned to you when you were on a lunch break for example.

Is there a 3rd party application or some functionality in JIRA which will allow me to do this?

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hi @Joseph Daniels ,

OOTB the concept of Agent availability doesn't exist. Well you might be able to cobble something together using automation in manually updating the agents it's not something that would be scalable. I took a quick look at the marketplace and found this one app that might future needs if it's an option to have an add-on. easy-routing-for-jira-service-management . It seems to have the concept of availability built-in. However I don't know how easy that is to manage. Ideally there would be some form of calendar for this. A Clock-in and clock-out feature would be nice.

I looked at open suggestions and found the following that partially aligns with your question - JSDCLOUD-6191 Vacation of Agents 

Joseph Daniels December 12, 2022

Hi Jack, apologies for the late response. Thank you for your message.

I ended up creating a queue in and out system using Power Automate and API's to assign tickets to users based on the group their currently in.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events