Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add new Environment to Jira? (multiple choice for a field in jira)?

Vera Valshonok April 3, 2023

How can I add new Environment to Jira? ( new addition to a multiple choice for a field in jira)?

What should I check additionally when adding it not to mis anything.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Vera Valshonok ,

my suggestion is to use a multi-select list with a default context and specify specific environments fro project basis. 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@Vera Valshonok -

I agreed with @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ suggestion.  You should create a new custom field (multi-select dropdown list data format) and then apply it to the project(s) of your choice.  

NOTE - When creating a new custom field, you should also ensure the field name is unique (since Environment field is an out of the box field already).  Then apply custom context for each of your projects as needed.  By default, a new custom field is created and it is applied to all projects with the same context (i.e. same set of dropdown options).

Hope this also helped

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Vera Valshonok April 10, 2023

Thanks! I need to add another environment out of already existent once which already exist as a dropdown list for the existent filed. Can I just go to this multiple choice dropdown and add another  Environment name?

Vera Valshonok April 10, 2023

Can it be a risk to break something in the existent work?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events