How can I add a custom form to the customer portal?

Lindsey Jensen December 2, 2022

I would like to customize the Technical Support form that appears on our customer portal. To do this, I created a custom form and in the form's settings I selected the request type "Technical Support." When I select the Technical Support form on the portal, my custom form appears below the standard Jira template for Technical Support.

How do I remove the Jira template fields, and just have my custom form appear for technical support requests on the portal? Also, is there a way to have custom forms appear on the portal without adding to, or replacing a standard Jira template form?

Finally, what is the difference between raising a request with a form on the portal, and creating an issue with a form? My understanding is once a customer submits a form on the portal, it automatically creates an issue in SM for our agents to address.

Thanks in advance for helping me work through these questions!  

3 answers

0 votes
Lindsey Jensen December 6, 2022

Thanks @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ and @Dirk Ronsmans ! This solution was certainly not intuitive, so I'm grateful you shared the process with me. This accomplished what I needed to do. I appreciate your help. 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Lindsey Jensen 

First of all:

• Go to project > project settings
  • Request types
  • Edit your request types and remove all fields but summary
  • Make summary hidden and enter a default value
  • Go to your form and associate it with the specific request type (if you haven't already)

Also, is there a way to have custom forms appear on the portal without adding to, or replacing a standard Jira template form

No, it has to be used on a request type

Finally, what is the difference between raising a request with a form on the portal, and creating an issue with a form? 

Forms can be edited by customers (if you let them) and even allow them to download the specific form.

More about forms here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-forms-in-jira-service-management/

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hey @Lindsey Jensen ,

At this time the Forms and the Request Types (what you call the standard template) are not fully integrated.

Meaning you'll have to link a Request type (with no fields) to a Form.

To clear the standard template you can go to the "Project Settings" in your project, then go to Request Types, select the correct Request Type and remove all the fields.

Other than that you'll have to create empty Request types to link your Forms to.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events