Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can relate a Jira Project with Jira Service Mngmt without create another project in Jira S Mnt

Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 22, 2021

Hi everyone, 

I have some projects in Jira, where I'm tracking some software development projects.

Recently we acquired Jira service management, and we want, if there's any possibility, link an existing project from Jira software to Jira Service management, without create another project inside  jira service management.

This is because is like have two projects at the same time, having the one for the team on jira software and other separate for the ticket on Jira service management,

There's anyway to have just like an additional page with those tickets, and don’t create a project just for that?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

There's no way to wedge a Jira Service Management portal in front of a Jira Software project.  While the data is broadly compatible or at least ignorable, the purposes for which the project types are for are not. 

As an example you simply can't do Scrum while under an SLA and you can't measure Scrum or Kanban in a way that makes a lot of sense for SLAs.  The processes are incompatible.

That's why we have Request-fronted issues leading to linked Development issues in other projects - they're different stories with different handling processes.

So, no, you can't create development type issues alongside request-fronted issues in the same project.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

So let me see if I understood your question. You want to have one project, that gives you both Jira Software functions and Jira Service Management? Unfortunately that is possible, the closest you could get is to use a Jira Work Management project.

Lissette Ind. Pimentel S. July 23, 2021

ok, thanks for your help @Mikael Sandberg, so the solution is have a jira services project for each jira software project, is that right??

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Correct, or you could use one JSM project for multiple JSW projects and use automation to create issues in those projects based on the request. You can either do that by having individual request forms for each JSW project, or have a field in the request form that tells you which project the issue should go to.

Like # people like this

thanks @Mikael Sandberg 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Your post is a bit confusing to me. If you are wanting to link issues between a Jira software project and a Jira service management project you certainly can do that by using the create linked issue function. However I don’t understand linking projects.

no, what I don't want is to create another project. I don't want to have one in Jira Software and another in Jira Service, I just want to have one project in Jira Software and through it create the tickets that can be viewed on another page maybe.

But actually, I have to create another project on Jira service management for an existing project on jira Software.

I know I can link both projects, But I just don’t want to have two projects. That’s  the point.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events