Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I modify the way the agent view looks for Request Types

Steven Lees-Smith May 4, 2022

Hi there,

I cannot find out to change the layout of this screen for request types

JSM_AgentView.JPG

I can click the 'View Issue Screen' link and can see a long list of all the fields, but what I want is for new request types all have the same Description fields, same context fields etc I just can't find where to globally make changes so all new request types pick up the same fields for the Agents view.  I want to be able to change the displayed context fields for all request types for example Assigned Team is a custom field and is always down in the hidden when empty, I want it under reporter regardless of being empty of not.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

@Steven Lees-Smith -

Hi Steven:

As suggested in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/, when you add new custom fields against an issue type's screen which your request types are based on, then the new fields will show up (typically in the "Context fields" section in all the request types that share the same issue type automatically).

However, there is no functionality or global configuration available at this time to allow one to apply a common customized Agent view associated within all request types that share the same issue type automatically.  One will need to do it manually for each request type's agent view.

You can search in the Marketplace to see if there are any paid third party add-on that give you the global configuration control for Agent view functionality.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events