Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Email all Atlassian users across each site/app with one message?

John November 9, 2021

Hi,

I have an enterprise environment that has multiple Confluence and Jira sites. Is there a way for me to send a mass email to all users?

I know that I can go into each Jira site and go to System > Mail >Send Mail and send an email to the users of that application, but is there a singular way to send the message to all users across all sites/apps? I don't want users to potentially receive this email 4+ times.

I am an org admin in this case

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Dima Lazarchuk
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2022

hey @John 

We released a new app for mass emails right from Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228913/proactive-campaigns

Feedback is highly appreciated.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @John,

As you are asking this question in the context of JSM, did you know you can add announcement messages to the portal and request forms of your Service Desk? If you want to reach your customers in the context of an incident or an update, that may be an alternative to email.

Similarly, Atlassian launched the announcement banner for cloud. Yet again, it is a means to communicate to all users of your application in context while avoiding to spam people with bulk email. Before you know it, someone accidentally hits the reply all button 😉.

Apart from that, it might be wise to just send your bulk email from your email system in this scenario. I suppose that - being in an enterprise environment - you do have centralised user management in place and probably have distribution lists in place that you can use to address all application users across all systems?

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events