I have a Service Desk Portal with 2 projects currently visible. I've created a new project as a test and the project has appeared on the Service Desk Portal!
Is there a way to change this so the project doesn't appear on the portal?
Hi @Ben ,
you should just provide no access to customers to that portal.
We have the following KB article noting the configuration needed to set this up:
Removing "The Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" from the project permission scheme is not advisable. The way to allow users (or customers with restricted portal access) to only see the Service Desk project(s) they are assigned to, is the following:
- Create a Service Desk Project (e.g. ProjectA)
- Create a user (e.g. UserA)
- Give UserA the 'Service Desk Customers' Project Role for ProjectA (or any other Project Role, depending on your needs)
- Go to Project Settings (lower left corner of the project settings page). In Customer Permissions select Customers who are added to the project
- Now select 'Customers' in your project menu, and see that only the users that had a Project Role assigned in step #2 are in the list.
Repeat above steps for each Service Desk project and provide your customers with a single URL to find a list of all the customer portals they can access and the requests they created in each one: https://<instance_name>.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
There is no way to hide it - but it will only appear on the Portal if you have access to it.
If a user or customer doesn't have access to your test project then they won't see it in the Portal.
You could test this by giving a personal email access to just your test project then log in with it and see what you can see
Hope that helps
The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event