Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Manual CSV Ticket Import and User Accounts/Notifications

Paul McDonald July 15, 2021

Hello!  I have a strange issue going on with my JIRA Service Management Instance.   I have a current server setup that I am moving to the cloud, but opted to start over in JIRA cloud instead of fully migrating the entire instance as we wanted to change the workflows around.  So I got the project setup, workflows, etc. and have gotten to the ticket import phase and am running into issues...

Using the .CSV method, if I import with the reporter/creator field mapped during the import, those users get created as licensed users when I only want them to be added a portal users/customers.

So I figured OK, I can import the tickets without users and then just have the customers create their new accounts in the cloud and assign the ticket to them accordingly as the reporter after their accounts are created.  Problem is if I go that route, they don't get notifications on the ticket nor can they see the ticket as their own in the customer portal.

So my question is two-fold:

1.  Is there a way, during he .csv import process, to create the reporters/users as just customers and not licensed users?

2.  Am I missing something with creating customer accounts and then re-assigning tickets to them that is causing them to not get the notifications?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

We had this problem. Any email addresses in the .csv created new users if they didn't already exist in the system. (portal customers dont exist)

The only way around this is is if you can add all your users into the portal first and then find out their internal id. You can then use their internal ID in the .csv

To see an example of user id, export from cloud to .csv and include the 'reporter' field. You wont see a person name, but an ID.

Phil

Paul McDonald September 17, 2021

Got it...appreciate the reply.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders