Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Insight Discovery Import Error "instream parameter is null"

Scott Chapman January 26, 2022

I am working to import a Discovery Tool export into Insight.  I am using the DSC option and importing the zip file that the Discovery tool creates.  When I go to do the import I get the error "Instream parameter is null".  Has anyone run into this issue?  What was the resolution?

4 answers

0 votes
Wout.Wynen April 17, 2023

Hey, i've still got the same problem:

18/04/2023 7:21:32 : Exceptions:
18/04/2023 7:21:32 : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloud
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCred
entials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\Disco
Tools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 194
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
ification(Task task)
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<UploadFile>d__1
3.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTools\Cloud\
Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 161
at Insight.Discovery.Collector.Program.TransferFiles()
18/04/2023 7:21:32 : HttpRequestException throw in GetFromJsonAsync
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsyn
c>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\DiscoTool
s\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 364
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
ification(Task task)
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCred
entials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\build\DISCOVERY-DISCOVERYCLOUDRELEASE-BUILD\Disco
Tools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 184
18/04/2023 7:21:32 : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Re
quest).

I have tried a couple things, but nothing seems to work:

- There is no password on the zip

- The files to be uploaded are not in a subfolder

- This is the newest version of Jira Cloud Discovery

- Our firewall does not block anything

- My Cloud Token is valid

Can anyone help me with this issue? 

Thanks.

0 votes
Mogens Hald Kristensen December 14, 2022

I have just upgraded tp Discovery 3.1.4 with the Export option "Cloud", which should do the discovery and upload/sync right away - not having to run an import !

It comes with the same error: 14-12-2022 11:04:41 : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloud

- aftes it has said: Token is valid

It stores the zip file and it looks okay.

Any ideas ?

0 votes
Chris Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Scott Chapman ,

I just had the same error. After uploading my *.zip, I could not continue with the setup of the import.

I then checked the content of my zip. Within the zip, there was a folder, which contained all the necessary files. As soon as I removed the folder and moved the files directly into the zip - without subfolder - I could preceed with the setup.

0 votes
Scott Chapman January 26, 2022

Here is a bit more info.  This is the log from the Discovery tool.

1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Start transport process.
1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Error getting host from export path
1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Exceptions:
1/26/2022 1:46:40 PM : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.FormHelper.GetSSHHostFromPath(String path) in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Forms\FormHelper.cs:line 55
1/26/2022 1:46:42 PM : Token is valid
1/26/2022 1:46:42 PM : Getting authentication to upload file to Media Server...
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloud
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Exceptions:
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : HttpRequestException throw in GetFromJsonAsync
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 356
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 184
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).
at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
at System.Net.Http.Json.HttpClientJsonExtensions.<GetFromJsonAsyncCore>d__9`1.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.InsightHttpClients.HttpClientWrapper.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__3`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\InsightHttpClients\HttpClientWrapper.cs:line 0
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.<<GetFromJsonAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 0
at Polly.Retry.AsyncRetryEngine.<ImplementationAsync>d__0`1.MoveNext() in /_/src/Polly/Retry/AsyncRetryEngine.cs:line 69
at Polly.AsyncPolicy.<ExecuteAsync>d__21`1.MoveNext()
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 0
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Could not upload file 8DF91_00001_2022-01-26_1346_0616.zip to cloud
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Exceptions:
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Failed to get FetchUploadCredentials from Cloud
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 194
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<UploadFile>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 161
at Insight.Discovery.Logic.FileTransfer.TransferFile() in C:\Source\discovery\Discovery\Logic\FileTransfer.cs:line 199
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : HttpRequestException throw in GetFromJsonAsync
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 356
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<FetchUploadCredentials>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 184
at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
at System.Net.Http.Json.HttpClientJsonExtensions.<GetFromJsonAsyncCore>d__9`1.MoveNext()
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.InsightHttpClients.HttpClientWrapper.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__3`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\InsightHttpClients\HttpClientWrapper.cs:line 0
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.<<GetFromJsonAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 0
at Polly.Retry.AsyncRetryEngine.<ImplementationAsync>d__0`1.MoveNext() in /_/src/Polly/Retry/AsyncRetryEngine.cs:line 69
at Polly.AsyncPolicy.<ExecuteAsync>d__21`1.MoveNext()
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetFromJsonAsync>d__18`1.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 0
1/26/2022 1:46:44 PM : Finished transport process.

Rocco Cardillo March 22, 2022

Per risolvere l'errore ho creato il file .zip dal Discovery tools senza impostare alcuna password.

nurul akther May 2, 2022

I don't have any password for .zip files but still getting the similar error.

cbaker October 3, 2022

Hi @Scott Chapman Did you manage to resolve this, I'm having the same problem?

Arefin Imroz January 14, 2023

I am facing the same issue while trying to import the file from the import location I created in Asset Discovery. 

cbaker February 16, 2023

I resolved it by making sure the export did not have a password on it - even if there was and you remove it, it will still not work.

Dave James July 27, 2023

I'm having the same issue and there is no password on the ZIP file.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events