Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Filter scope (IQL) in custom insight fields

Steven Lees-Smith May 19, 2022

Hi there,

I am stuck trying to show a list of assets for a user with Insight.

We are importing existing assets into Insight and only have a 'short name'
I have an employees schema

Key is Short Name  Type Default Text

another field is JSM User Type of User.

In the asset management schema I have an attribute called Short Name which is an Object with a type 'Employees' which binds it back to the other schema

I have data in the employee schema and an import into the asset schema and the fields are linked..  when you click back and forth you can see the relevant data in the schema.

I have created a custom field and added it to my request types, when I select Add An Object I can see all the assets from the Asset Management Schema.

I have 2 issues;

I was hoping to display all the reporter assets on the agents view of a request in JSM - can't see how that is done.

If we are going to manually add objects I only want to show the assets for the reporter.

Now the Asset Management schema doesn't have the matching name for the Jira User, just the short name that links over.  I am not sure what to put in the Filter Scope to limit the records shown in the drop down box to be the Reporter.  I need it to look back to the employee schema but the custom field is based around the Asset Management schema.

I can't make either other these work.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events