Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Created Resolved By Pie Chart

JayJuan Jones September 8, 2022

Hello! I am looking to get some help to create a filter in JIRA that will let me know how many issues were resolved by each user on my team. I am currently using this one:
status changed TO 'With User' BY 'USERID' and it seems to work fine, but I am trying to figure out how to get this on the dashboard. What would be a good gadget to use to show this data on the dashboard? What would the settings of that gadget look like? Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance! 

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@JayJuan Jones -

In Dashboard, you can just use the the Pie chart gadget.  The setting for the gadget will be something like below -

2022-09-08_10-01-13.png

However, your current filter may not work properly even though the filter itself works fine.  In JSM, the person who resolved the issue is typically the issue assignee.  Therefore, if you choose to use your existing filter, then the Statistic Type should be set to "Assignee".

Lastly, here is a listing of the out of the box gadgets for building dashboard - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-dashboard-gadgets/

NOTE - It is important that in both dashboard and your filter query must be properly granted/shared with the dashboard audiences. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @JayJuan Jones - I don't think you'll be able to accomplish this natively.  You could use a marketplace app like Rich Filters to potentially do it.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

An alternative option is that you could capture the individual that transitions the issue to With User either as assignee or some custom user field using automation:

• TRIGGER:  Issue Transitioned To With User
  • ACTION: Edit Issue (Custom user field)
    • {{initiator}}

Then you would just set up your report against the custom field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events