Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Center: License for customers

Mike Ottiano April 26, 2023

Can customers use the Help Center Portal without a license?  I read that customers do not need a license to use the portal but when I set it up a license is need for them.  How can I setup Jira for customers to use the portal without license?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

@Mike Ottiano -

For JSM Cloud env, customers doesn't need to have license to access the portal UI.  However, they will need to have a valid Atlassian account (personal account) to access your JSM projects.  This also assume that you already configured your env and project where customers are assigned with the project's "Service Desk Customers" project role.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
AMOS April 26, 2023

You have to set your project to allow non-licenses user

How do I do that?

0 votes
Benjamin Ly_ April 26, 2023

Hi @Mike Ottiano ,

Just need to set your project to allow non-licensed user to be added as customers to the portal. Can do this in the project settings. After that, you can just add the customers to the portal or you can allow customers you self add themselves.

Here's some useful documentation to guide you through the setup:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-and-manage-portal-access/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/change-project-customer-permissions/

-Ben

Under Customer Access the below are enabled.

• Use approved domains  
  • Allow customers to create accounts

Under Customer Permissions

• Service project access: Anyone allowed on the customer access settings

Still not working, what am I missing?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin