Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Center Customization

Jakub Szymanski January 12, 2022

Hi,

I was trying to find something helpful here, but didn't dig out to details that i'm looking for. I'm trying to setup/customize Help Center pages, however i can only change the layout, annoucment etc.

Currently i have there some categories with many different type of things. Can i remove the categories? What i really would like to customize is this page on screenshot, can i have there exaclty the fields i wanted to have for example: raise an incident, raise a change, and linked this with my actual incident and change modules?

I would apprciate any help, many thanks in advance.

helpcenter.jpg

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Jakub Szymanski ,

Go to JSM project settings > Portal settings > Portal groups > Create/Modify groups as required. Make sure to assign the request types to the correct portal groups/

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Jakub Szymanski  welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I suggest to read the following documentation articles:

Categorize customer requests into request types

and

Organize request types into portal groups

Jakub Szymanski January 13, 2022

@Dave Mathijs 

Hi Dave, many thanks for above articles, there were very helpful i have managed to go trough almost all problem that i have. Just one question i have that i wasn't able to find, i see my incident managment module cannot work with P1 Type, which seems to me bit odd. Looks like i can assign the change.

I was following one of the articles i have found - What are compatible and incompatible issue types? | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

However once i click on "create new request type" I'm unable to link it with P1 on INC side. Do you know how i can do it?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

@Jakub Szymanski 

If you are referring to a major incident, I suggest to read this interesting article (rolling out): What are major incidents?

Otherwise and more in general: Manage your incidents

Jakub Szymanski January 14, 2022

@Dave Mathijs 

Hi Dave, many thanks for help, however i didn't found what is was looking for in the articles you gave me. I'm trying to Create new request type, which for example would be P1 however i cannot assign it the incident que, it is saying that it's not compatible with incident managment. I was trying to found out reason for that, but i didn't dig out to anything useful (attching screen for help).

Do you know how i can assign more requests type to my change or incident que?

And by the way, may thank for your help i really appriciate your time.

3.jpg

0 votes
Jakub Szymanski January 13, 2022

Thank you both, that was very helpful i have founded what i need, you are the best!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events