Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an Agent from one JSM Project create a linked Issue in another JSM project

Thomas.Tschuor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

I would like an agent from one JSM project to create a new linked issue in another JSM project where they are not an agent. Is this possible? I am able to do this as an admin but it looks like the agents of project A cannot create a new linked issue on project B.

What permissions do I need to give to Agents on project A to be able to create a new linked issue in project B and then be able to update that project in the portal just as a customer could do. For Agent from project A creates a linked issue in Project B and is then asked to fill out a form on that linked ticket in Project B. I have added the Agent from Project A as a participant to the issue in Project B and they are already the reporter if that issue in Project B but they still cannot see the ticket in the portal under show me the tickets I have created. 

Thanks

T2

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

Hi @Thomas.Tschuor ,

Here's the documentation what needs to be done in order to link tickets between project

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-linking/#

You should also have browse project permission in order to see the tickets to link as well. 

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events