Have you seen the "Similar Requests" panel?

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

We launched the "Similar Requests" panel in Jira Service Management several months ago and I was looking to hear from you. 

What do you think about it? 

It is a feature that helps you identify similar requests so you, as an agent, can figure out whether there are duplicate issues that you can close or previous tickets that will help you resolve issues easier. 

This is not a marketing post, I'm really looking to understand what you think of this feature so we can make it better. 

If you have three minutes, I'd love to get your thoughts on the feature, just click on this link to access our survey

Or, just add your thoughts as comments below! Would love to hear from you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product manager, Jira Service Management

4 comments

Patrick Haley December 7, 2021

I completed the survey and added my feedback. My biggest problem is that it never seems to suggest anything. I just tested it out with a dozen or so issues and not a single suggestion surfaced when I looked at open and resolved issues. 

Like Jehan Gonsalkorale likes this
Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Thanks Patrick, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Very much aware that this is something we need to work on, your input will really help us improve it. 

Thanks again,

Jehan

Jonathan Rosenfeld February 1, 2023

We would love to recommend this feature more for our teams, but when there are matches they are often tangentially related. I think this is due to matching based on summary and description only. It would be nice if we could pick which fields we want to use to find the similar issues (such as labels or other custom fields)

Gurpreet Kaur March 16, 2023

In anyway can I get the similar Requests data fetched in code via some API ..JQL doesnot give this field OR 

Anyway I can use this data in my JIRA comments ?

Michelle Vanderzyl October 2, 2023

I turned on the Similar Requests feature, but it isn't showing in the Issue view.  Do I need to set something else up for it to display?  

NVM, I see it - it's in the center of the screen, I was looking at the right side panel.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events