Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has pricing model changed?

Rohan Bailey July 25, 2022

Hi Quick question.

We used to pay a flat rate $100 for our JSM instance (with 3 agents). This converted itself 3 days ago to a Free Plan and no option to continue with the plan we had before.

Did Atlassian change their pricing structure for JSM? I cannot find any news item or blogpost about this.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

No change to the plans, no, but they do look at how many users you have in active use and adjust the fees.  It may be that you've slipped into the free band because you've been actively maintaining your user list. 

Although I wouldn't expect people to slip into "free" if they have been paying because the free version has some limitations in functionality.  Free for JSM means up to 3 agents, 10 Core or Software users and unlimited customers.  Have you slipped below that?

If you visit admin.atlassian.com and check your product list, does that tell you you are on free?  And does it not offer to upgrade to (at least) standard?

1 vote

Thanks for the Answers however...

Been doing a bit of history digging and we were given a flat rate of $10 a month for 3 agents (see attachment below). The product at the time was Service Desk which changed to Service Management last year (?) but the switching to free happened this week(??).

Could the product change be the reason?Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 10.55.34 AM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

No, the change of name from "Desk" to "Management" is not significant here,  JSM is a re-brand (with some improvements over JSD)

It looks to me like the switch may have been triggered because you've got to the end of a year's subscription (you took it up mid-July 2019, so renewed mid-July 2020 and 2021 and now you've just clocked over again, which would trigger the "what are you actually using" question)

I would hit https://support.atlassian.com/contact and select the billing option to question all of this with them directly.

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I'll take it up with them.

It says free plan and offers the standard for much more than we paid before.

We had 3 agents unlimited customers before. Just wondered what was going on.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

Definitely worth a quick look at admin.atlassian.com to see what you have, but I do think this is a billing issue.  Even if it's just to get Atlassian to explain exactly where you are (in their view) and how to support what you need!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

@Rohan Bailey -

The pricing plan has not been changed for a while now as far as I know.  Here is the link on the pricing plan levels -  (Recently, they introduced the Enterprise Level plan)

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/pricing.

If you have issue with your plan, please contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for direct assistance.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders