Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone done any customization of the JSM Request Center outside of what Atlassian supports?

Gail May 3, 2022

Hi all.   I am used to a portal that allows for a ton of customization to make the user experience as simple and straight-forward as possible.   To me the JSM Request Center doesn't do that once you get a lot of projects out there.

Has anyone done any customizations?   Just curious.   I did add myself as a watcher on this issue https://www.google.com/url?q=https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2327&source=gmail-imap&ust=1652209523000000&usg=AOvVaw0FKB6dGTv5igOQ-dyjOQ4j 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

Hi @Gail 

There's a few options such as...

• Groups: Organise Request Types into Groups, if there's too many independently
  • Forms: Use Forms  to create more powerful request forms (for example - with questions that only show dependent on other field options)
  • ...etc

I guess it depends - what are you looking to customise further? What's your current pain point/need?

Ste

Gail May 9, 2022

Thanks Stephen.   

What I wanted to customize was the actual layout and cosmetics of the entire request center.   Example - As we grow I don't want 1 "card" for every JSM project but would like to group those together (beyond portal grouping) as well as things like changing the layout maybe to smaller card icons with a place for more text to show.   

The ultimate goal is to be able to layout / document every JSM project so users know exactly what each one does without having to click into it.   I tried to standardize the project settings descriptions, but they only hold so many characters.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.43.55 AM.png

Allison Stewart September 2, 2022

I have the same needs.  Did you get any other responses on this?

Currently, I have one enormous Service project for many support groups.  I can only make portal groups per support group... and they are aligned vertically on the portal.  

But there are too many for the screen.  So my users have to scroll own to see the other groups and this is getting missed.  The users are submitting tickets for the wrong group because of it.  

I want to align them horizontally with smaller boxes to increase the amount of options on the visible page.

Gail September 2, 2022

I did a free trial of Refined for Jira Cloud and it gave me just about everything I wanted; however, my company decided the price was too high to get it right now.   If out-of-box could do these same things I would be very happy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events