cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global automation - mailing

Michael Schmid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2024

Dear community,

in our company, we would like to send automated emails to our tenants when the maintenance of an asset (like for example "automatic sliding doors") is one week overdue. 

Therefore a former colleague created a workflow in Jira that includes:
1) searching for an asset group, and within this group searching for all the assets with a maintenance date 7 days ago
2) creating a ticket
3) sending a mail to the tenants

Screenshot 2024-02-14 090110.png

The problem now is that it sends one mail per single asset (so in this example for each door) to the tenants, which is certainly not that pleasant for them.

So i would like to group or filter it somehow, that it only sends one mail to each tenant, however there might be several "automatic sliding doors" with the same maintenance date. 

Unfortunately I am totally overwhelmed and don't know how to update this rule.

I am very glad to get some feedback.

Many greetings

Michael

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2024

Hi @Michael Schmid the reason it sends 1 email per asset, is because of the AQL branch. It's searching for each asset with a maintenance date 7 days ago, and performing the remaining actions for each asset it finds. 

Try branching on the Tenants, then using the "lookup objects" action to find assets of that tenant with a maintenance date 7 days ago. Add a condition to make sure the lookup found greater than 0 assets. Then send the email and use the {{lookupObjects}} smart value to list all the assets that were found in the lookup. Take a look through this documentation to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Michael Schmid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2024

Thank you so much, @Connor !

That was the hint I needed :)

Like Connor likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

You're welcome Michael, glad I could help :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events