Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving access to clients outside of our organisation

Rob May 31, 2022

We're a company who provides a service to clients so how do I provide them with access to their project and dashboard without granting them access to all our projects we've got on Jira

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

@Rob -

Welcome to the community.  what kind of access are you referring to against your JSM project(s).  If you just want to provide them with the Portal UI access where they can submit cases to your team and track their tickets, then you just need to do the following to limit he/she access by the following steps:

1) Go to the specific project UI.

2) Project settings >> Customer permissions and select the highlighted option.  

2022-05-31_7-56-37.png

This will control access of your project(s) entry point via the portal UI.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Rob January 19, 2023

Thank you very much Joseph, We have grown and learnt a lot since my first question but we still have not managed to get a solution to provide visibility to our clients. So let me try to give a more in depth explanation as to what our requirements are: 

1) We provide services / develop functionality to multiple clients

2) These clients currently do not have ay view / access to our Jira boards

3) We would like give our clients access to view certain elements on Jira or create a team to add them to. Will this require us to take out a user license for each of them? 

4) If we can add clients to teams will they be able to update our backlog?

Thank you very much for the assistance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events