Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting An Error With Jira Assist

Cesar Carrasco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2023

Hello, 

We just setup Jira assist. 
We get this error when trying to create a ticket via a 1:1 message or even via the Assist bot directly: 

"Looks like someone tried to create an issue, but no request types are available across your team/enterprise. Please finish setup by adding at least one request type in a service project."

We have Assist setup via it-help channel that works just fine, but for some reason DM's do not let us create tickets. 

9 answers

2 votes
Christian Mondl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Hi!

We have the same problem (Slack)

Open a ticket through email or web is still working

Assist

APP

Looks like someone tried to create an issue, but no request types are available across your team/enterprise. Please finish setup by adding at least one request type in a service project.

1 vote
raj March 3, 2024

We are seeing the same issue since Friday. Did you figure out how to fix it? 

raj March 4, 2024

I got this from the JSM team overnight and thats fixed it for us...

Last week we rolled out an update that requires a request channel to be created in order for request types to be available to help seekers in Slack. You may have had a setup where you never had a request channel created, and help seekers were primarily raising requests via App Home. If so, you will need to configure a request channel to make everything work again. The request channel is now required in order to explicitly connect request types to Slack. However, if you don’t want to expose a request channel to help seekers, you can keep it private:

1. Create a private channel in Slack
  2. Add Assist to it, and set it up as a “Request channel”
  3. Then map the request types you want available to this channel

This will fix your configuration, and ensure that the request types are explicitly made available to help seekers. They will be able to raise their requests via App Home.

Like # people like this
Paul Martin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

Thanks raj, can confirm this resolved for me too. I only had an Agent channel setup but once I set a request channel (private) in CHANNELS & PEOPLE -> Channels -> Chat -> Configure, I got it to work as expected again. 

Like raj likes this
0 votes
jason.rodriguez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 6, 2024

This was vexing us until I came across this thread. Thank you for posting your message from the JSM team @raj !

Project --> [project name] --> Project Settings --> Chat then make the request channel from there so Assist is automatically invited to it. 

*note - you'll have to do this for every project that uses slack support requests (e.g. HR, Devs, etc) if you have more than one set up.

0 votes
Ricardo Kindermann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

same

0 votes
Kapil Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

same issue here!

0 votes
Oscar Canek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

Same here.

0 votes
Paul Martin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

I am also seeing this issue since Friday, have not found a solution yet

0 votes
Louis Duke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

We are having the same issue also.

Must be a wider issue

0 votes
kips.davenport
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

Has anyone solved this? We're now encountering the same issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events