Get the value of organization and assign it to custom field in JSM

Melina RAMPERSANDS March 15, 2023

When I add value to a organization(Add organization) in customer page, I want the new value to add also in a New custom field(Test Organization) using automation rule or any other way.

Here is the way I tried but I am unable to do it, Any solution please ??

Automation_Img.PNG

1 comment

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

Hello @Guru ,

Now your Automation, when value changes for organization, is updating the "tet organization" with the value of this again "test organization" in the issue.... but you want to update with the value od "Organizations"

You have to do other thing.

Choose field to set >> Test organization

Then not COPY, you have to SET, and put in the text box the smart value  of Organizations.

ej : {{issue.customfield_XXXXX}} 

*XXXX is the Id of the Custom field Organizations.

this is an example updating the Summary:

Capturasmart.JPG

Like Melina RAMPERSANDS likes this

Hello @Juan Carlos Vera 

I have implemented the change in my automation but I am not getting the above mentioned result.

can you send me the entire steps& procedure to achieve the above mentioned requirement ??

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

Hello @Melina RAMPERSANDS  , can you show me a Capture of the Automation Screen?

Hi @Juan Carlos Vera 

I have added the automation rule. Kindly check and give your feedback.

Test organization custom field ID:{{issue.customfield_10069}},

Auto_Full.PNG

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2023

ok, then...

• What is the Id of the field Organization? 
  • and the ID of Test Organization?

Aditional to this... Have you seen in the Audit log, if the rule have executed?

Yes rule execution is success but I am not getting the expected output. I also even checked with another custom field.

ID for Test value: customfield_10072

ID for Test Organizationcustomfield_10069

organization is OOTB field.Auto_Another.PNG

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2023

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events