Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get email notification from ticket create by yourself

Silvère Leprovost July 8, 2021

This is the problem

On jira service management server

Normal case : customer create a ticket from the portal or email (incident, service request, etc...) and he is directly notified by email for this ticket (create, public comment, status change etc...)Client is in the field REPORTER. All work perfectly in this situation.

My problem case :

When I need to create a ticket for/do instead a customer. So I create ticket and in the REPORTER field is the customer account (same situation at the normal case).
In this situation the customer doesn't received any email notification and same problem when public comment added, status change.

All my notification settings are seems good, I really can't understand where is the difference between 2 cases and why I can't have same notification behaviour. In the log of CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION is like the email notification was sent but finally not ! Server email works perfectly for send and received email in all other cases so it's not a problem with email server.

Could someone can help me ?

Thanks for your help,

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

@Silvère Leprovost 

How did you created the issue and the reporter was the customer account?  Was the issue created first, then you manually updated the reporter to the customer's account?

Please provide the exact steps/details.  So, I can analyze your ask further and advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

I create issue with directly the REPORTER account field completed (so at the same time not after).

Which details are missing for you ?

Thanks 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Thanks... I agreed with @Jack Brickey last comment that if the request type is not set, then customer will not receive any notification.  So, how did you created the issue via portal or via project "create issue" screen?  did you have to set the REPORTER field with customer account manually before creating the issue?

Beste, Joseph

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

Question, when you create the issue on behalf of the customer are you setting the Customer Request Type at creation? Have you considered opting for using Rasie a request vs. Create? 

Yes when I'm create issue behalf the customer. No behaviour change if I change the customer request type (just after creation I've already try to modify issue)

I never used the feature on this url https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/raising-requests-on-behalf-of-customers-939926455.html

Perhaps it's the good solution. But i would to understand what is the difference between the two way I already described ? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

In my cloud experience the customer will not receive any notification until the request type is set. Please try setting it during use of Create (must include in create screen) or try the raise a request.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events