cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get approvals via automation when more then one

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

In some cases we might have more then one approval round in a single issue for the same status - i.e customer didnt approve the first window to run a change, but approves the second provided.

My use case is that we need to get the last and / or approved final decision on the issue, then copy this information to a linked issue - this is working with the first one with this smartvalue.

adv compare.png

Then comment the linked issue as follows

{{#triggerIssue.Approvals}}
{{#approvers}}
Name: {{approver.displayName}}
Action: {{approverDecision}} \\
{{/}}
{{/}}

What happened was the exact scenario from above, and automation didn't take the second approval decision. 

How can I tune the advanced comparison to get the approved decision on this one? 

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Patricia Francezi,

Approvals is a list type. If you always want to get the last approval then you should refer to it by:

{{triggerIssue.Approvals.last}}

This will give you the last approval in the list.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

It worked. I tried this so many ways, but couldnt make it work. 
Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events