Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR checkbox on Jira Service Management tickets

Matteo July 2, 2022

Hello,

I created a Jira Service Management service desk portal for managing costumer requests and support tickets.

Costumers can access the portal through a link like this and create new tickets:

https://[NAME].atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

I noticed that every issuetype looks like this and it's not provided of any GDPR consent checkbox or info about how data will be collected:

Schermata 2022-07-02 alle 12.42.36.png

So I would like to better understand how can this be compliant to GDPR (or how to make it compliant), since costumers can upload their email and personal data?

Is it something I have to specify in my privacy policy?

Thank you.

Matt

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

If you want, you could add a checkbox field and add to the customer form. You might be interested in Atlassian's GDPR site

Matteo July 5, 2022

Thank you Jack,

I can't find any answer about it on this documentation.

I would like to know how other companies approach to it in their service desk portals, and what is the Jira guidelines about it, because since costumers uses this portal, they're out from my domain, so I imagine that they should accept some terms before sharing their data for a support ticket.

Thank you for your support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events