Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function to calculate labor days instead of calendar days

Adriana Urrea May 24, 2023

Hi Team,

In order to define some internal metrics, I would like to create a query to obtain the number of labor days elapsed desde la creación de un caso a hoy. 
I`m using: created < startOfDay(-2). However the startofday function includes the weekend days. Exists a funtion to calculate just labordays?

Thanks in Advance

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Adriana Urrea and welcome to the community,

JQL currently doesn't support this, but you can actually use smart values inside a JQL within the Jira Automation! A smart value for business days can be found here https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/

0 votes
Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

There's a minusBusinessDays(n) function, at least on Data Center, which sounds perfect for you.

But I think Cloud only has toBusinessDayBackwards (which gives you the previous work day).

I haven't used either. There are some hits on the Community if you look for "businessday". Maybe this at least gets you started. Please share if/when you've found a solution - I'd like to know this, too ...

Edit: and yep, this would be an Automation topic, like Alex wrote ...

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

@Jan-Hendrik Spieth such JQL function doesn't exist in cloud. Unless you wanted to say smart values, which is the thing I proposed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events