cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function to calculate labor days instead of calendar days

Adriana Urrea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2023

Hi Team,

In order to define some internal metrics, I would like to create a query to obtain the number of labor days elapsed desde la creación de un caso a hoy. 
I`m using: created < startOfDay(-2). However the startofday function includes the weekend days. Exists a funtion to calculate just labordays?

Thanks in Advance

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Adriana Urrea and welcome to the community,

JQL currently doesn't support this, but you can actually use smart values inside a JQL within the Jira Automation! A smart value for business days can be found here https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/

0 votes
Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

There's a minusBusinessDays(n) function, at least on Data Center, which sounds perfect for you.

But I think Cloud only has toBusinessDayBackwards (which gives you the previous work day).

I haven't used either. There are some hits on the Community if you look for "businessday". Maybe this at least gets you started. Please share if/when you've found a solution - I'd like to know this, too ...

Edit: and yep, this would be an Automation topic, like Alex wrote ...

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

@Jan-Hendrik Spieth such JQL function doesn't exist in cloud. Unless you wanted to say smart values, which is the thing I proposed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events