Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Plan - More than 3 Approvers

Ben May 21, 2022

Hi,

Cheeky question perhaps. We have 3 agents that work on tickets in Jira, however I've been asked to design a change management process that will possibly involve another 5 or so people.

These people will do nothing but approve changes in Jira (I'm hoping I can just use email approval).

Do these additional approvers (over the 3 users we currently have) require a licence?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

@Ben 

Approvers can be agents or customers. You will just need to make sure that they are a customer on the JSM project if you want them to be able to be added as an approver. They will be able to approve the issue via email or in the customer portal.

Ben May 22, 2022

Awesome! Can we automate who is set as the approver in the workflow, and include a template email for the relevant approver with the relevant information we want?

I'm struggling to work out the limits of the free plan versus the paid plans as there are a lot of features that are mentioned but which I can't find - not sure if it's down to my own stupidity or lack of paying.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

@Ben The email that goes to the approvers is the same and you can make adjustments to it but all approvers receive the same email with some dynamic information in it.  You could use automation to update the approvers based on information in the issue (Custom Field Value, etc) Most of the time I see individuals setting the approvers based on the request type and doing it when the issue is submitted by having the approvers field hidden and set when configuring the request type.  This is a better way to go especially on the free plan because you only get so many automations.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events