Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward a ticket to an external support email

Rosalind Loo January 10, 2023

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup an email forward to an external support email, what's the best way to do it?

Process intended

1 * Ticket is created in Jira via an email in (current- setup)

2 * Ticket is forwarded to an external support email (how to do?).

I've tired to see if it can be forwarded via an automation rule eg change issue status to "resolved - forwarded to external support" to forward that issue. There is no option to "forward" but there is an send email which isn't quite what I'm looking for.Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 9.45.44 am.png

Another community post has suggested to request participants  and add that email in, but I can't see that field.

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

@Rosalind Loo Welcome to the Atlassian community

Are you trying to have the individuals on the external email participate on the ticket in Jira or are you just sending the email so they are aware of the issue and it is documented.  If it is for the latter then I would suggest actually handling it at the email client level.  by handling it with a forwarding rule on the email client it is easier to setup and track in my opinion.  

Rosalind Loo January 11, 2023

Hi Brant thanks for that, it's falling towards the later, so the the forwarding rule at the client could work. But wouldn't update the status in Jira would it?  As opposed if was possible to update in Jira then those (eg 70% of emails) that were forwarded would be identifiable. Are you aware of that forward functionality in Jira? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@Rosalind Loo you can use automation to add a request participant on issue creation.  This will not send an email though.  It will send all public comments after they are added. You can only send emails to specific individuals on the issue.  You could technically send an email out to all customers involved which would include the new account which you just added but all other customers would receive this as well.  If you want to add a request participant on creation you would have to do this in the workflow and use an app like JSU or scriptrunner.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events